A no-fuss recipe for all the bits and bobs that need using up in your veggie drawer. It goes well with either rice or noodles.
For two portions:
- 5 handfuls chopped vegetables e.g. chard, mushroom, broccoli, leek, carrot, cabbage, peppers and celery
- Fresh ginger, grated
- Fresh garlic to taste, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp tamarind
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (any will do!)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Prepare rice or noodles according to packet instructions.
- Heat up the sesame oil in the pan.
- Add slow-cooking veg (like carrots and broccoli) and let sizzle for a few minutes. Then add fast-cooking veg (like leafy greens and celery) and let cook for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a sauce out of ginger, garlic, tamarind, nut butter and soy sauce. Add to the stir fry and stir.
- Stir in the cooked rice or noodles and continue cooking for a few minutes. Add a splash of oil or water if it gets too dry.
- You can also add fresh coriander, sesame seeds, and roasted/toasted cashews. To toast, throw a few cashews in a frying pan (no oil needed) and toast for a few minutes until brown.
Thanks to Sabine for sharing this recipe with us.